Monday, February 1, 2016

Phone Free

So yesterday as we were leaving for church I forgot my cellphone at home.  There was no epiphany or major life changing moment.  However, as my husband observed, I did survive the day without my cellphone being attached to my right hand.  Even though it was slightly inconvinient to not be able to call anyone or coordinate anything once I left my house it wasn't anything that couldn't be planned around.  I actually took my old afterchurch nap again instead of putzing around on the internet or flipping through my photo album while speck slept next to me.

That was definately refreshing!

I miss those lazy sunday afternoon naps!

Am I going to put down that phone and disconnect?  Probably not.  But perhaps I will think twice about picking up that phone going forward.

The thing I missed the most though? Not obsessively compulsively checking facebook that was sure...but it was the ability to capture the funny moments of speck anytime I wanted to!  But then again I was able to enjoy the moment without stressing about finding my phone and getting to the cute moments fast enough to catch it.  Nine times out of 10 these moments are so quick that by the time I'm ready with the camera the moment has already passed and I too have already missed it.

The one thing that I learned?  Sometimes I think I'm a little OCD.  Whenever I catch my phone flashing out of the corner of my eye I have to check whats making it flash and attend to it so that it no longer flashes.  Or those crazy red dots with numbers in them on each of our aps letting us know theres a new notification.  I always have to clear them.  I can't just leave it be.  Vs phone drives me crazy because there are so  many uncleared notifications!

Perhaps or perhaps not!

Time to wake the sleeping angel!


No comments:

Post a Comment